Hi, I am Caroline. Passionate about Pilates I have been practising, teaching, educating & mentoring since 1999 having graduated as a comprehensive certified Pilates teacher with Pilates International, London, UK.
Born & raised in Cape Town, I graduated UCT with degrees in history & psychology pursuing a career in education. Fastforward to London with a career in research, I finally found my subject after taking my first Pilates class! Onwards to Ireland where I have been practising & teaching this increbile method to others since 2004.
Pilates was started almost a century ago as a method of rehabilitation & its success continues. Recently a surgeon said to me "if everyone was given Pilates classes we would see half the number of patients on our operating tables" I always teach and advocate to clients that Pilates is both a lifestyle and a method of rehabilitation.
Pilates is for every body. I have taught this method for over 20 years. I will work with you so that your body can find joy in movement. My teaching approach is to provide a safe, friendly environment where every body can be nurtured. It has helped to change so many peoples lives for the better. It is a workout that connects both mind & body. If you suffer from any kind of physical condition I encourage you to give Pilates an opportunity to help you heal.
An internationally recognised and qualified Pilates Instructor & Educator, Caroline holds the following additional degrees & certifications:
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- HED Postgrad, University of South Africa
- Pilates Institute, OCR Level 2, Anatomy, Physiology & Teaching Method, London
- Pilates Institute, OCR Level 2, Pilates mat-work, London
- Ultimate Back Care Certification, STOTT PILATES, London
- Freestyle Fitness Yoga Certification, London
- Fitness Ballet Certification, London
- Rescue & Emergency Level 2, Ireland
- Train the Trainer, FETAC Level 6, Ireland
- Balanced Body Certification, Understanding what you see, Assessment techniques for Pilates Instructors
- Balanced Body Certification, Reformer for Back Pain
- Balanced Body Certification, Reformer for Knee & Hip Rehabilitation
- Balanced Body Certification, Gait Analysis & Biomechanics
- Balanced Body Certification, Foot to Floor
- Balanced Body Barre Certification
Hi I am Mary-Jane, passionate about wellness & inspiring others to experience the benefits of leading a healthy lifestyle.
I love to move - running, walking, cycling and swimming. I discovered Pilates six years ago and I am delighted with the positive effects it has had on my quality of life. Pilates has allowed me to continue to perform better in these sports and more importantly to remain injury free.
With a previous career in HR management & an Advanced Diploma in Pilates Matwork , I combine these skills to bring mat classes to inspire & motivate clients to achieve their fitness goals. Whether you are a complete beginner, with or without injuries or an advanced practitioner of Pilates there is a mat class waiting for you.
- Advanced Diploma in Pilates Matwork Level 4. National Training Centre, Dublin. The highest standard that can be achieved as a Pilates teacher in Europe.
- Sports First Aid, Waterford Sports Partnership.
- Nutrition For Everyday Living, College of Naturopathic Medicine.
- Train the Trainer, FETAC Level 6.
- Bachelor of Business Studies, (Honours) University of Limerick.
New to Pilates Lifestyle?