When practised regularly, a Pilates workout out will:
- Improve joint mobility and flexibility, making you walk taller and feel slimmer
- Improve strength and muscle tone giving you a strong and supple spine
- Achieve a flatter tummy by engaging deep core abdominal muscles
- Enhance your sex life through greater flexibility and tighter pelvic floor muscles
- Help respiratory, lymphatic and circulation problems
- Make you less prone to injury when playing sports or other physical activities
- Improve your posture through shoulder stabilisation
- Make you feel mentally and physically relaxed and energized
- Permanent pain relief by addressing the cause, not the symptom
Although it is better to practise Pilates under the observation of a trained instructor, it is not always possible for clients to make it to the classes.
Doing some Pilates is better than no Pilates at all and following the instructions from DVD's is the next best thing to being in a dedicated class.
Have a look at our Medical Pilates section where we provide information and videos on a wide variety of specific ailments or injuries as well as solutions for pain relief from these. These include:
- knee injuries
- back pain
- the pelvic floor
- massage techniques
The types of Pilates classes we offer:
Have a look at our timetable of Pilates classes to find a class that would suit you or contact Caroline for more information or to book a Private class.